Thursday 16 October 2014

La vie en rose




The meaning of the title means life in pink,or life in a very ideal state,optimistic about love,life etc .For me it is about the famous Louis Armstrong song, and the pink/red evenings,the perfect sunset.I heard a lot about perfect evenings,how people break their head over how to have a perfect evening with their partner,or you can just google and find out the n number of  options you have.

It was somewhere in 2003,when the planet mars came closest to  earth.I was at my parents house.My mom used to dry coconuts in the terrace,it was my job to collect them in evening just before the sun sets.And it had a better view,I can see the sun set on one side and the mars like a red cricket ball on the other side.So one day,I was lying down on terrace listening to devotional songs from the near by temple,I saw the most miraculous thing,A full moon,arising..almost red ,just a few meters above,there was mars and  whole sky was painted in red by the sun set.I did not have a camera at that time.But I froze that moment and kept it in my memory forever.Whenever I think about it,it was divine,serene,tranquil and I felt unbelievably calm,and the smell of nutty coconuts.

So many years after my perfect evening,I went on my second honey moon trip to Andaman Islands.We went to havelock,it has the most beautiful beaches. Coming from mountains,I always crave for beaches,and most of my vacations are spent on beaches. It was our first day in island, I got down from  car and  was adjusting the settings on my camera,suddenly Prem stopped talking , grabbed my hand and said, "look up,look up" and it took my breath away.It was the most beautiful beach I ever saw,added to the advantage,it was almost deserted.

We spent almost three hours till sunset, collecting some pebbles for my all beach bowl,we were like a couple of lost kids. We sat down on a log to watch the sunset,People started coming in,some alone,most of them were tourists from abroad. I noticed this couple in water, I saw them there when I came in,they are still in the same place,they seem to have lost track of time, lost track of place and everything around. And when the sun came down in the backdrop, painting the sky red ,  it reminded me of the evening back in 2003.I clicked a picture of them against the sun.

I put down the camera,and froze  the moment. Life in red, this time, nothing but love....

No comments:

Post a Comment